Thursday, December 3, 2015

Song #3 - Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!

Given my residence in Syracuse, NY, I feel like I'm going to regret this... but Song #3 is Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow! No seriously, look at this:


Classic Version: It's not surprising, then, that this iconic song was written by two California musicians during the heat wave of 1945. I, for one, can't wait to hear the 2015 California edition, "Let It Rain, Let It Rain, Let It Rain."

The most popular recording of this track belongs to Dean Martin on his 1959 Album, A Winter Romance. I'm sure you'll immediately recognize this one.

Dean Martin
 

Modern Version:  Let It Snow! falls somewhere between Song #1 and Song #2 in terms of modern popularity. I listened to more renditions than I care to mention and a lot of them felt like they were just tacked on to the album as an afterthought. Oddly enough, the two that stuck out to me were by Rod Stewart and Jessica Simpson. Stewart's voice plays well to the original, which may explain its success on the Billboard Charts in 2012. Jessica Simpson's, on the other hand, is a tad (read: extremely) over-the-top. But if there's one genre of music where that's okay, it's probably this one.

Rod Stewart (Live)

Jessica Simpson


I'm getting worse at keeping these posts short, but if the above two weren't to your liking, check out the Christina Perri version here. It's unique and a breathe of fresh air after the Simpson spectacle.

Vote for your favorite or comment below if you think someone else did it better!

Which did you like best?



-Jesse

1 comment:

  1. EVEN MORE SOLID, "CHRISTMAS MUSIC" CONSISTENT CONTENT. AND MAY I SAY WHAT A POLL

    ReplyDelete