Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Day #13 - Country Christmas Special

I'm going with the "like a band-aid" strategy here, and throwing another controversial post right after Last Christmas. Today we're investigating Country Christmas music, both new and old.

To write this post I did a lot of research into the "Top Country Christmas Songs." I then promptly ignored all of it and went with my gut instead. First up is a Randy Travis original from his 1989 album, An Old Time Christmas. I should warn you, this one's real country. Not any of this "new-country" BS. Here's Meet Me Under the Mistletoe.


Randy Travis

If you weren't a country fan before that song, you're probably not one after. Let's see if we can ease the transition a little better.

For a while I was wondering where I could fit Taylor Swift into this blog. Though her Christmas album wasn't a huge success, it was recorded early in her career when she was still clinging to her country roots. Probably the best song on the album is one she wrote, Christmases When You Were Mine. Give it a listen:

Taylor Swift


Last but not least is a personal favorite of mine. It's upbeat and catchy and I even find myself listening to it at random times throughout the year. Here's Oklahoma Christmas by Blake Shelton feat. Reba McEntire.

Blake Shelton feat. Reba McEntire

Hopefully some of you have a newfound appreciation for Country Christmas. If I got you hooked, here's a few more classics:


Which was your favorite?

Vote Here!


-Jesse

No comments:

Post a Comment